Tuesday, June 3, 2008

One Minute You Monkey

My husband comes home the other day with a book and some homework from his job. Now if you have had the pleasure you know that my husband does not read books that don't have pictures. So anyway he tells me that he has to read this book and write a book report on it. No, he isn't 11.

Anyway, this book that he brought home, "One Minute Manager Meets The Monkey" by Ken Blanchard is a skinny little book. Large font. 130 some pages. I read the back cover. The introduction and I was intrigued. So in two nights of reading (I used to do better honest) I have gotten half way through it.

It is some very interesting stuff. I won't go into details and ruin the book. In case you want to run out and buy it. But Mr. Blannchard's theory of managing management's time and description of the monkey is so eerily accurate that I actually ah ha'd myself. There are tons of parts in the book that you can relate to. It is a very easy read. In case anyone is looking for some light reading. It doesn't just apply to managers and the work force either. These lessons are applicable to parenting and other relationships.

So check it out for your summer read. I mean, it isn't the next Stephanie Plum novel, but it will do in a pinch.

No comments: