I have a problem. Or at least I think it is a problem. The Tater is walking (quite well actually) yet when I am in the room (and standing up) she insists that I pick her up. It has become something I do without even thinking about it.
The other night I was trying to cook dinner and she kept climbing up my leg. So I hoisted her up and proceeded to try and cook dinner with one hand while my husband watched Sports Center. I fussed, he got up. But what he said has made me think:
He said "I don't know why you want me to get her, she will just want down once I pick her up and then she will walk right back in her to you. And you keep picking her up."
And I realized something that I don't tell him often. He was right. When he plays with her he doesn't hold her and she doesn't expect him too. But as soon as I walk into the room she walks over and proceeds to climb up my leg. Is it because she loves me more than anything else on the planet (except possibly bananas) - Maybe? But more than likely it's because she knows that I am the soft touch and I. Will. Pick. Her. Up.
So do I stop? I am torn. On one hand, she is still only a baby and the time will come all to soon where she doesn't want me to hold her. But on the other hand, I find myself a little resentful of my husband's ability to walk freely around the house without a 20 lb appendage. What to do, what to do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I say...pick her up...soon enough she will wipe away your kisses and refuse to let you hold her...it comes on quick.
Post a Comment