In light of the heaviness of my last post. I just wanted to say that I love the women that I inherited with my marriage.
I have gained a grandmother, who is so sweet you just want to squeeze her tight every time you see her. A mother-in-law that is all anyone could ever ask for and a sister-in-law that fills a void I never knew I had.
Due to geography we don't get together as often as any of us would like. Normally it is only once a year. But it is such a balm to my soul that the good feelings from the visit often carry over for months.
Of course it doesn't hurt that they have the sweetest Southern accents or that they cook like I don't know what. But mostly, I enjoy sitting around the table with them over a glass of tea (beer) and just talking. And listening. I am so very grateful that my daughter has the opportunity to bond with these phenomenal women and claim them as her own.
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment