Remember that? From this guy? Whatever happened to him anyway? Once again I digress.
So my fabulously wonderful mother-in-law sent me a belated birthday present. She had it shipped via Fed-Ex from Charlotte to Wilmington. Something that no matter how you send it would only take one day. And it did. The problem lies in the fact that even though the package left Charlotte on Monday and even though according to the nifty little tracking system it was delivered to my address on Tuesday and signed by me. It wasn't.
I never got the package. And I certainly never signed for it. I have checked with all the neighbors at the old address and none of them signed for it. The new owner of the house didn't sign for it either. I know this because it was delivered at 8:40AM and he was at the closing at that time.
So it looks like someone helped themselves to my birthday present. I am hoping that Karma kicks in and they have something equally nice happen to them. I have no intention of asking my mother-in-law to replace the gift as she should hardly have to pay for something twice.
I have seen the signature confirmation and it certainly isn't mine. Fed-Ex says that they will speak with the courier. I am not holding out tons of hope there - I mean, seriously, they deliver a ton of boxes each and everyday. I don't expect the poor person to remember one little box from 4 days ago.
So it's a mystery. Here's to wishful thinking that it finds it's rightful place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment