Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Not To Brag Or Anything

But, did I ever mention that my kid is a RockStar? Seriously, RockStar.

She stayed out on the beach with me for over 4 hours yesterday. Content, happy even, to play nicely on her blanket. Under the umbrella and away from the sand. Cause, in case you haven't seen it first hand, the Tater hates the sand. Doesn't like it on her hands, her toes. She doesn't throw it or eat. She doesn't even want it touching her. I know this will pass and next year I won't be able to get her to stop flinging sand everywhere. But for now. This year. I shall enjoy the peace. Not to mention - it makes clean up a breeze too. I mean her sand toys aren't even sandy.

I need to capture her dislike of sand on film. The face she makes and the way she lifts her legs higher and higher the closer you lower her to the sand. It's hysterical. And yes, I am that mean. Cause every time I take her to the beach I hold her over the sand to see if she will touch it. Harder, wet sand is slightly more tolerable, but as soon as her toes sink into it. Forget it. She is climbing my legs.

So there is one thing from a three day weekend. One glorious day in the sun. I'll take it.
What did you do with your long weekend?

No comments: