Friday, April 11, 2008

Be More Specific

I should know this by now. I mean it isn't like this is the first time it happened. I don't know if I ever mentioned it before or not, but my husband is a wonderful man. He will do whatever I ask him to do. Honestly, if I ask, he will do it. Wow, you think. How wonderful. How lucky. Yes it's true. But like all things, careful what you wish for because unless you are very specific, it will come back to haunt you.

Let's talk trash for a minute. We divide household chores at our house. It's a loose division as we often help the other out (mostly it is he that helps out - because I have the lion's share of chores). So anywho - trash (try and stay focused here already). It is his "job" to take out the trash on Thursday nights because the waste management people come obscenely early on Friday morning. That is a whole other issue -- Why do they have to get going so early in the day? Just sayin . . .

So, Ramble On [Rose] already. Last night he was going around emptying trash cans throughout the house and noticed that the Tater's room had already been done. He asked me if I emptied her trash. [Seriously, like there are only two people taller than the trash can in the house - who did he think did it?] I said yes, it was I. Guilty, I also went ahead and emptied the trash in her bathroom too. Now we do not have a huge house. By emptying the trash in Tater's room and bathroom I left 4 other trash cans that need to be emptied. My husband then asks me if I emptied the trash in our bedroom (1 of the 4 previously mentioned). Too which, I said, "No, you need to do the spare room, kitchen and our room". So, I continued giving the Tater a bath and he went about the business of taking out the trash. Done, nuff said, didn't think about it again, until this morning.

Until this morning when I was getting ready and went to throw something away in our bathroom trash. It was full. Apparently, I only told him to empty the trash in the spare bedroom, kitchen and our bedroom. I didn't mention anything at all about the master bathroom trash. Which is obviously inconvienently located off the master bedroom. It didn't occur to me.

When am I going to learn that I really need to be more specific. It's just trash, not that big of a deal. What continues to amaze me is the difference between the male and female brain. If I had been on trash detail I would have walked around our 1100 sq. ft. little house and checked the 6 cans we have located throughout our humble abode. Two minutes later I could have been sitting on the couch drinking a beer while someone else washed the Tater. My husband started at the back of the house, with the Tater's room (logical) but was completely thrown off track when that one was already done. Made the whole process take twice as long as it had too and still didn't empty all the trash cans. What to do with him?

1 comment:

Glenda LotusEyes said...

I love how men can get insanely literal.