Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Four Minute Face

With winters end in sight and spring flowers starting to bloom people everywhere rejoice. Spring cleaning isn't any fun and we often start to look for other ways to spruce ourselves up.



May I introduce the four minute face. I read about the idea in a magazine, tweaked to work for my own needs. And now I am sharing it with you. Not that anyone asked. Here it is.



  • Step 1: Moisturize daily with a tinted moisturizer (I also use tinted with SPF - just to cover your bases). If you still feel pale with the tinted moisturizer use a little blush or bronzer to give you that sun kissed glow. Don't go overboard here. We aren't going for sun burnt, merely kissed. Also, if you had a rough night feel free to apply concealer under the eyes. Not necessary everyday, but it freshens the face.



  • Step 2: Use Mascara. Replaces it several times a year. Black looks good on 85% of the population. It makes your eyes pop. For special occasions I add eye shadow and eye liner. But for everyday face mascara works fine.



  • Step 3: Lip Gloss. You don't have to use tinted lip gloss, I do. But shiny smooth lips are attractive. I like Bert's Bees Lip Shimmer -- the mint makes your mouth feel fresh.



That's it. 3 Steps. And for those of you thinking that au natural is fine. It isn't. Minimal make up made to look natural is way better. Doing this shows that you care about your appearance but aren't overly fussy. Which is what exactly the truth in my case.



Again, not that anyone asked for advice here. But hey, just sharing what I know with others.

1 comment:

MommyTime said...

Hi Jo -- thanks for commenting over and my place, and for leaving a link to this. I like the ideas here a lot. I love lip gloss, too, though I don't manage to wear it every day. But I think I might go for the moisturizer suggestion you have. That's brilliant!