Thursday, March 13, 2008

How's That For An Intro

Living life and then trying to turn around and write about. Huh, who knew. Seriously, I always have something to say or add. Not that it is always a solicited opinion, but still, I got one and more often than not I force those around me to hear it. So this is my blog; obviously or you wouldn't be reading it. I will try to keep it interesting. Before setting it up I felt like I had so many stories to share. I didn't even know where to start. Now that it is set up I find I don't know where to begin. I guess I will start at the beginning of my blogging education.

Enter g00gle savvy cousin who lives across the country.

GSC: "Hey jOE, you should check this out.", "Great way to keep in touch".
Me: "OK, I will"

Fast Forward a year or so

Me: "Hey, look what I found"
GSC: "Welcome aboard, so nice of you to join this century"

That right there is an insight into me. I have tons of great ideas. Some of them may even have been your idea initially. But I hear it. Think about it, mull it over, let it simmer, sleep on it -- you get the gist here right. Then lo and behold -- Hey, I have a great idea. Now don't get me wrong, I frequently and legitimately have good ideas on my own. But the ones that always get my husband annoyed are the ideas that started out as his and I somehow changed into my own. So I will try and keep the ideas my own. Or at least give credit where credit is due. Where was I? Oh, yeah - how I got here. So I read GSC blog. Then another friend would send a link to a humorous post here and a poignant post there. And I would read. And read. Pretty soon, I was a full on, have your blog bookmarked in my favorites, lurker. And it was good. But then I got to thinking. (This is where if I were talking you would here the audible "SIGH" from my husband.) Why just lurk when I can join. So after more thought and deliberation (I am much better at look before you leap now that I am older. We will get to some examples of when I wasn't later.) So, *Drum Roll Here* - - here I am. Welcome! Oh, and just so you know who I mean when I refer to the Tater.

How is that for the cutest kid ever? I mean, not that I am at all unbiased here. Come on, she's mine - Of course I think she is cute. And I won't be dissuaded otherwise. So more often than not there will be Tater stories. And just so you know who I am talking about. That's her. Our Tater. I will have to come up with an appropriate moniker for the husband too, eventually. But I think as Intro's go - this will do.




No comments: